Leicester City School Sport & Physical Activity Nework (SSPAN) works closely with the city's primary, secondary and special schools to ensure that all young people in Leicester City have the opportunity to participate in and enjoy physical education, sports and physical activity to encourage life-long activity and to promote a healthy lifestyle.
Our key programmes include:
- Competitions and festivals for primary, secondary and special schools
- Physical Activity & healthy lifestyle coaching, opportunities and resources
- Leadership & volunteering training and opportunities
- Club links and community partnerships
- CPD resources & training, networking and best practice sharing
We are committed to ensure that ALL of the young people in Leicester City can access opportunities through our Whole School Approach model, accessing physical activity, playing sport and developing healthy and active lifestyles.
Key focuses for the network to support our city schools are;
- Competition - providing appropriate competitive sport opportunities for all young people in the city, including the co-ordination of the national School Games programme
- Leadership and Volunteering - developing young people to lead, officiate and coach sport within the city - providing them with skills to continue volunteering in their local community
- Physical Activity and Health Projects - developing a healthy and active life-long habit for the young people of Leicester city through targeted projects and interventions
- School Workforce Training and Development - providing quality continuous professional development opportunities for teachers, teaching assistants and non-teaching school staff
- Partnership Working - working closely with key partners to enhance the offer to schools and to make sense of the ever changing landscape of education, school sport and health
- Monitoring results to drive forward quality school sport and physical education