Nine out of 10 of our young people today could grow up with dangerous amounts of fat in their bodies. This can cause life-threatening diseases like cancer, type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
The National Change 4 Life programme provides information, ideas and resources on how to 'Eat well, Move more, Live longer'
Leicester City SSPAN are working with Change 4 Life to provide the best quality advice, resources and activity clubs for our Leicester City Schools using our own fantastic enhanced physical activity programme resources:
Our main aims are to:
- Support schools in setting up their own fun Physical Activity Clubs for selected and/or targeted pupils
- Provide coaching in schools to mentor school staff in developing their own targeted Sparx and/or Energise Physical Activity Clubs
- Support schools in running their own school targeted Sparx and/or Energise Festivals
- Organise and run mass-participation inter-school Sparx and Energise festivals
- Promote Change 4 Life, Sparx and Energise resources to support the sustainable delivery of targeted physical activity sessions in Leicester city schools
For further information on how to bring a Sparx or Energise Clubs to your own school, please contact Dave Hayton-Hill at the Leicester City SSPAN for more details:
For the latest Public Health England guidance and resources please visit: https://campaignresources.phe.gov.uk/schools