Inspire to Lead (Leicestershire Buddies)
The Inspire to Lead Project has developed a succinct knowledge of the issues and barriers facing disadvantaged groups.
The project looks to develop opportunities in Leadership for disabled people with a particular focus on young people between the ages of 14 – 25 years.
It is now in the second phase of the project which consists of creating and developing sustainable placements within the local community. A mentoring programme is in place to support the young people in their placements. An extensive training programme which consists of Mentor training, leadership qualifications, the young leaders will be offered regular training to develop their leadership skills.
Main goals for the project include:
- Becoming Leaders/Volunteers within Inclusive clubs/events/ holiday programmes in Leicestershire.
- Opportunities to attend a leadership clubs
- Mentors will support the Leaders/volunteers at the Inclusive Multi Sports Clubs/events/holiday programmes
- Organise training courses
- Encourage more Disabled people to become Leaders/volunteers
- Raised the profile of disabled people by becoming role models.
- To increase the amount of partners working closely with Leicester-Shire Inspired to lead project.
- To increase the amount of partners organising and delivering Inclusive Leadership Awards.
- Transport training
Inspire to Lead Project (Leicestershire Buddies Project) started the second phase of the scheme with a busy summer scheme placement programme.
Five leaders have been given the opportunity to develop their skills in Leadership/volunteering at Guthlaxton Community College and Countesthrope Community College and Huncote Pavilion.
The Leaders have been supported by Mentors to develop and maintain their skills. We look forward to placing these young people in meaningful volunteering and leadership placements throughout the next year.
For more information about the project or becoming a leader please contact:
Telephone: 0771 043 6419